On July 27, 2021, Baidu announced a significant upgrade to its “Blue Sky Algorithm.” This update, version 2.0, is a response to the increasing trend of websites publishing low-quality, irrelevant, or false content within their site directories, disrupting search order and infringing upon the rights of high-quality developers.
The Need for the Blue Sky Algorithm 2.0:
- Baidu’s search technology team identified a growing issue where websites create directories filled with irrelevant, low-quality content.
- This practice not only hampers the search experience but also unfairly disadvantages quality content creators.
What the Upgrade Entails:
- The Blue Sky Algorithm 2.0 focuses on enhancing the detection and control of such practices.
- It aims to preserve the fairness and integrity of search results, protecting the interests of legitimate developers.
Examples of Violations:
- Instances where a forum site generates numerous pages under its directory that are unrelated to its primary domain or theme.
- Baidu urges developers to conduct self-reviews to ensure compliance with the updated algorithm, avoiding potential penalties.
- The focus should be on maintaining relevancy and quality in the site’s content and structure.
- The Baidu search technology team is dedicated to continuously identifying and controlling behaviors that disrupt search order.
- Their goal is to work alongside quality developers to maintain a healthy search ecosystem on Baidu.
Conclusion: The launch of Blue Sky Algorithm 2.0 underscores Baidu’s commitment to enhancing the quality and relevance of search results. It sends a clear message to developers about the importance of maintaining high standards in content creation and website management.
Readers are encouraged to share their thoughts on how algorithm updates like the Blue Sky 2.0 influence the broader digital content landscape.